No.1 MP Coy HQ is located at Cotton Tree Gate Guard Room, Up Park Camp, Kingston 5.
The Coy is responsible for Investigations, Detention and Corrections, Close Protection and
Detention and Corrections
- Red Fence Adult Correctional Centre
- Staff and secure all major Military Corrections Facilities.
- Provide general rehabilitation services for military personnel under Detention
- Detain special remandees.
Special Investigations Branch (SIB)
- Investigate incidents reported against persons subject to Military Law, or incidents which occur on a military installation.
- Liaise with Civil Police in their investigations against service members.
- Provide specialized investigative skills (scene of crime and forensics).
- Post the investigative process in any incident concerning Service members
Close Protection Group (CPG)
- CPG provides armed or unarmed Specialists to protect;
- A nominated Principal Officer (High Risk Personnel).
- Military High-Risk Personnel (MHRP) such as members of the General Staff Board (GSB)
- Visiting VIPs High Level Public Officials (HLPOs); as directed by the Headquarters.
- CMP personnel are detached OPCOM under the CSC’s Joint Command
- Conduct systematic and rummage searches
- Metal detectors
- Mirror stick.